Sunday, November 20, 2011
Seven Quick Takes
1. We took the girls to a local farm which also has several displays themed around nursery rhymes as well as farm animals to feed and a playground. It was nice to get out, the girls had fun, and we had several pounds of grass-fed beef to take home :)
2. I realized only last week that I did not have a single picture of all four girls together. It is just wrong. So I took one. From left to right: Elizabeth, Cecilia, Teresa, Felicity. The one and only picture of all four of them together...
3. We had to run to Target last week. I know it is too early, but I can't tell you how shocked and happy I was to see this:
Not "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings". Nope. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
4. For the Feast of St. Cecilia, we made an edible piano! Vanilla wafers are the white keys and chocolate rectangles are the black keys. No keys survived my daughters. :)
Much thanks to Lisa for sharing the idea!
5. We made turkeys! Mine is on the left, then Cecilia's is next to mine. She traced and cut out her handprints herself. Then comes Felicity's. She traced and cut out her own handprints too with a little help from me. The littlest one is Elizabeth's which I helped her do.
6. My mom made Thanksgiving dinner, but I was in charge of dessert, so I made a pumpkin pie...
Brown sugar spice bunt cake with powdered sugar...
and homemade pumpkin ice cream. My Thursday was pretty easy but my Wednesday was a baking, mixing frenzy!
7. For her birthday, I bought Felicity dolls of her patron saints. They are wooden and hand-pained and absolutely beautiful. She knows they aren't toys in the sense that most of her toys are but she also can play/work with figures of her patrons now. (Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find anything of St. Felicity!?!) Love St. Luke's Brush!!!
BONUS! It has taken me forever, but, since I scheduled no school for this week, I took the time and finally mended all 5 of Cecilia's pajama pants. She is rough on those left knees! The fact I had never patched anything before also intimidated me a bit and delayed my doing it but it is finally done! Cecilia was so excited she jumped up and down cheering to have her pants back!
Ironically, since mending Cecilia's pants, Felicity has brought me one she wants fixed. lol.
More quick takes at Jen's Conversion Diary!