1. It has been a long, sleepy week. Until last night! Last night I actually only slept in my bed - not on the floor! Teresa did wake up ar 9:15, 10:15, sometime around 2?, and again at 5, but those 3 hour stretches are a definite improvement, especially with more than one of them! This was after two 2 hour naps yesterday! Dare I hope she is getting it and I will one night soon sleep through the night?!?
2. I initially began taking classes for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd so that, regardless of where we end up, I'd be able to provide that unique learning and meditative experience for them. Then we found our co-operative with its atrium and I wondered if my classes really were necessary. But I have begun to seriously doubt our future involvement with a co-operative.
Don't get me wrong. It is a nice co-operative of wonderful people. But about every 2 weeks we go, we get sick. Since September, we are on our 12th illness. Elizabeth woke up this morning having spit up a little in her bed and with a fever of 102.1. Now, it is hard any time any child is sick but, you know, the younger they are, the harder it is. Now, multiply that by 12 illnesses. Now multiply that by 4 young children. Completely disregard the fact I have had almost all these illnesses as well and you still wind up with a Herculean mess. It has caused a lot of disruption with our school work and James' and my sleep and, well, I think any co-operative might be too much for us in the near future.
3. Due to #2, I have begun building my own home atrium. I have some practical life works: folding cloths, lacings, pouring rice and latch openings. I also bought The Annunciation from Garry at St. Luke's Brush - so beautiful!
I have also built my own Good Shepherd work.
(Yes, I know the shepherd should be 2D. Sue me.)
Garry is also making a work for The Visitation for me. I'm trying to add a little bit at a time so that, in a couple of months, we can just start doing atrium at home.
My, oh, my. The pickles that walking can get us in to. LOL
5. What will I be doing today? I order photo prints twice a year. Kodak's 10 cent sale ends tonight. That's how I plan to spend my Friday. I also hope to get to read more of Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle's Embracing Motherhood! I began it but between sick kids and sleepless nights, I haven't been able to get back to it. I so, so hope I get some reading time back! I was really enjoying it and it has been very well written.
6. I got my first issue of the new Danielle Bean edited Catholic Digest yesterday. Can't wait to read it!
7. I've been doing the Little Flowers program at home with Cecilia and Felicity. They completed their first patch - the Sunflower of Faith. Next week we begin St. Monica and the Ivy of Hope. Oh yeah, did I mention sewing the patches on is another thing on my to-do list.
Read more quick takes at Hallie's Betty Beguiles, guest hosting for Jen.