1. On Wednesday we were blessed to be able to get to the National Shrine and pray before the relics of St. John Neumann. If you have the chance to venerate them, I recommend it. The reliquary contains vestments and objects used by the Saint as well as a first class relic - a piece of the Saint's vertebrae.
2. Cecilia and Felicity began the next gymnastics session this week. Cecilia does an awesome bridge. She is quite good on the trampoline and doing handstands too. She needs to work on the cartwheels though.
3. Out of nowhere on Thursday, the girls decided to play dress up. Cecilia dressed up as an angel, Felicity as Mary, and Elizabeth as Joseph. They then reenacted the Annunciation and the angel's message to Joseph in the dream to go to Bethlehem (they improvise a little). Then, there was a costume change. Cecilia became Joseph, Felicity stayed Mary, Elizabeth became a sheep and they put the halo on Teresa to reenact the Nativity. So precious.
4. Cecilia lost her third baby tooth yesterday during lunch. She later asked James if the tooth fairy was real. He asked her what she thought. She said, "I think it is you and mommy. It's okay, Daddy. You can tell me. I won't be mad." This morning she found her money where she left her tooth and announced, "Tooth Fairy Mommy and Daddy came!"
5. Tuesday, I reassessed where we are in Cecilia's 1st grade and re-planned the rest of the school year, ending at the end of July/first half of August. I also figured out what books I'd need for her 2nd Grade and began ordering. I will finish once Adoremus Books has their big Easter Sale. :)
6. Cecilia is doing so well with her reading. She turned 6 in January and, all on her own and by her own volition, has already read Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox and White's Stuart Little. She is now working on Wilder's Little House in Big Woods. I'm just so happy she loves to read so much!
7. W recently watched a documentary called Being Elmo. It is adorable. It is about Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who voices and performs the lovable 3 1/2 year old. It is well worth the viewing.
More Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary!