1. Rosie is doing better. She often now whimpers for us to take her out when she needs to go. She has learned her name as well as the word "No!"
2. While Teresa has become Rosie's favorite play buddy, Cecilia is her favorite snuggle buddy.
And she loves the role. She loves just having her cuddle in her lap or on her leg. Oh, and what the girls are watching? Lady and the Tramp. Rosie's whimper the first couple of days totally reminded me of Lady. I couldn't resist putting it on. One of my all time favorite Disney films.
3. Brigid has been teething but her teething is like her labor was.... taking. for. ever! Sore gums. Steep mountains of swollen tissue. But a white hard speck of a tooth? No thanks, not yet. Argh.
In other words, she is very similar in personality to Felicity and the opposite of Teresa. :)
4. In History we learned about Peter the Great of Russia. We read about his seize against the Turks to take the fortress port and then his tour around Europe to learn all that the "west" had to offer and then about his war against Sweden to gain a trade route. After the girls finish the coloring pages the book provides, they draw freely while I finish reading. After reading all that, what did Cecilia draw?
On one side she drew Peter shaving the beards off his noblemen while they protest and on the other side she drew Peter removing the veils of the women while one faints.
LOL. It is so funny and neat to see which parts of what I read catches their imagination most.
5. I couldn't resist snapping a couple of shots of Miss Brigid and her spaghetti face. Accept no substitutes!
6. Feast of St. Cecilia. We celebrated Cecilia's feast day today with an edible piano. In the past I've used vanilla wafers and Hersheys chocolate but I couldn't find the good wafers this year so I thought we'd try Vienna Fingers. Yummy all around.
7. Thanksgiving. Last week, early one morning, I looked out the window and saw dinner walking by. Thanksgiving dinner.
8. For Felicity's birthday on Tuesday, we ate at Red Robin.
She requested the full birthday treatment :)
More Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary!