Saturday, September 13, 2014

Moving Day

Yes, we are alive. Sorry it has been a while. To say we've been busy is a gross understatement. 

On Friday, August 29, the movers arrived. It took them 11 hours to load everything into the truck. 

I spent most of the day upstairs with the girls trying to keep them busy and out of trouble. 

Meals were taken on my parents coffee table with videos on.  

That night the older four girls camped out on the floor in their sleeping bags along side James who slept on a thin portable mattress. Brigid, in her pack and play, and I, on an air mattress, slept in another room. Rosie was so noisy she slept in a closet. 

On Saturday, Teresa found some fun solitude outside. I knew she was getting soaked and muddy but it was so precious to watch. (And she was having fun and not bothering anyone.) 

Sam and Rosie watched and played a bit with her. Mostly Sam enjoyed rolling in the wet grass.  

We went out to eat with my parents at Maggiano's. It was delicious but slow. Brigid and Teresa especially loved the warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries.  

Afterwards, we went home to finish packing up the car and get ready for an all night drive. All night drives are very tiring but they are faster, easier, and cheaper with 5 kids than day drives. 

Brigid slept just about all night with her panda bear on top of her. She adores that bear. 

I drove for a little while but I got very tired. Being 32 weeks pregnant wasn't making me as helpful as I usually am on such drives and, not surprisingly, I was requiring more bathroom stops than we otherwise would do.  Around 6am, we reached Wisconsin. 

We picked up Krispy Kreme donuts and Starbucks for breakfast and went to our new house. After breakfast we found a local church and went to Mass. Unfortunately it was not the parish for us. Our entire family brought the average age down to 55 and the priest didn't seem to even know the rubrics let alone stick to them. We had a late lunch at Chilis and then basically rested for the rest of the day. James had only gotten about 30 minutes of sleep during the drive and I had gotten about an hour and a half. 

Since arriving, we've seen numerous bunnies in our yard. They help mow the grass but we will be cautious with them next year when we hope to plant a garden. We've also seen three deer run across the driveway of the house across the street. And we recently spotted our first chipmunk out back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment